Ecig vaping benefits
Smoking affects different people in different ways, so the benefits
of ecigs will vary as well.
The use of e-cigarettes in Australia is not yet endorsed by the Therapeutic Goods Administration
(TGA) due to their safety and effectiveness not yet being determined to
the satisfaction of the relevant health authorities -
and it's a similar situation in other countries.
It's people like me and
thousands of others who have been unofficial "guinea pigs" in regard
to using these devices - but they have been in use for nearly a decade
in some parts of the world.
Being a guinea pig was a risk I so far have been very pleased
to have taken as I feel there was no alternative for me. I would have
smoked until I dropped; which could have been sooner rather than later
given the way I was starting to feel.
At the time of originally publishing this page, I was approaching the 8th week of my electronic
cigarette experience. Aside from saving money (around $200 a week at
today's tobacco prices for me
taking into account what I'm spending on ecigs), I had already experienced many other benefits - and some
happened within 24 hours of switching from tobacco to e-cigarettes. The
following are some of the benefits I noticed within the first couple of
- No longer nauseous in the afternoons
- Hyperglycaemic type symptoms greatly decreased
- Resting heart rate reduced by 20%
- Sense of taste improved
- I could stand up quickly from a squatting position and not feel as
though I was going to pass out.
- My balance improved.
- Reaction times improved.
- My clothes, my house and my car no longer stank.
- I became more sociable and confident
- I wasn't as irritable
- I was hitting the ground running in the mornings
- Energy levels generally have improved throughout the day
- I did not wake up in the middle of the night struggling for breath
- I didn't spend the first half hour each morning coughing
- During the day, I also coughed far less and what I coughed up is old tar, which I
glad to be rid of.
- My ability to concentrate improved dramatically
- I was more productive
- Indigestion has disappeared
- Better circulation (feet weren't so cold and I generally didn't feel
the cold as much)
- Not so sensitive to noise and tinnitus has decreased.
- Sinuses clearing
- Sense of smell has improved
- My general outlook on life became more positive
- Adrenalin production levels seemed to have decreased, which was very
welcome. Small events would trigger large adrenalin rushes that
were very unpleasant.
- Cuts and abrasions healing faster
... and many more benefits. It's really hard to relay in words how
taking this action made such a big change in my life, and so
quickly. I was expecting improvements to happen if it was going to work, but not so rapidly.
People who know me and how hard-core a smoker I was are amazed that I
Not everyone who makes the switch from smoking tobacco to vaping will
experience all the benefits I have. As mentioned, I was a very heavy long term
smoker. I knew I was unhealthy, but had no idea how unwell I was until I
stopped smoking; as it had been so long since I had experienced living
without smoking cigarettes.